Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Mornings

I was very troubled at the end of April when temperatures were soaring and I thought I was doomed for unending heat over the course of the next six months.  But it turns out there has been a moderate but much appreciated reprieve.  Last week there were some days that could almost be described as cool, and evenings so comfortable and inviting that I was able to smoke (what I fear may be the last for some time) a pipe.
But, OH! the glory of May mornings.  Bright and clear and cool.  They are so enjoyable for biking to work.  On one stretch of my commute I ride beside a field full of wildflowers.  On the way to work the sun is just above the field, sparkling and warming everything it touches, but the air is still cool and sweet.  I do love riding my bike in May.  While the afternoons may warm up enough to cause me to sweat, they are still fairly nice and beautiful.  I know I give Texas a bad rap most of the time in regard to its weather, but since it was on my mind I thought I should stop and celebrate these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment