Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy "Hit By a Car" Day


One year ago today I was hit by a car.  I am amazed to realize that even though it was "only" a broken bone, I am still experiencing some residual effects of the accident a year later.  Even just visually, you can see the scars from the screws that were inserted, but the large red blister of the middle picture (from where the broken bone almost pushed through the skin) still remains as a discolored dent in my leg.  I did just recently sign a settlement, though, so I'm glad to say that the medical bills and the healing are all behind me.  The more I use my leg in strenuous activity the more normal it begins to feel.  All in all, things worked out really well for me.  
So today at lunch we celebrated with cinnamon rolls and rejoice that on this day a year ago things could have gone much worse, but by the grace of God I'm still here, alive and well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment