Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feeling the Pull

"And I'm feeling the pull
Dragging me off again
And I'm feeling so small
Against the big sky tonight"



-The Swell Season


I've come to describe the sensation I sometimes experience as "feeling the pull."  It's that tug to create.  I know I have to make something--specifically drawing or painting.  I feel like I just want to bring an idea forth out of my mind.  


Many times "feeling the pull" can be frustrating.  The idea doesn't want to come out exactly correct, and I have to labor with why it is wrong and what I don't like and how to fix it.  "Feeling the pull" often gets shouted down by more pressing, more practical needs.  But as the needs thin out (read, "as school comes to a close") it's much harder to resist that tug.  

No comments:

Post a Comment