Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If You Can't Take the Heat...

It's 85 degrees today.

In my house.

Thank goodness it was somewhat overcast today and the outside temperature didn't go soaring near the hundreds.  I am sweating away today because of a minor drainage issue with my air conditioner.  This repair could have been made hours ago, had it not been for the "help" of my sons.  The first time I came back from Home Depot I realized that Brennan had left the PVC pipe in parking lot.  After making a trip to buy another one (unfortunately we couldn't find the one he left) I returned home only to discover that Aydan handed me an incorrect type of the elbow joint that I needed.  So I'm off to Home Depot once again.

Homeowners, mark ye well the wise words of my friend Craig, spoken o those long years ago: repair projects will take twice as long and cost twice as much as you first expect.  It is even more true when you allow children to lend a hand.

But I don't want to dwell too much on the negative.  We have been working hard on the house recently.  I've had many projects that I'm trying to get out of the way so I can start painting.  I hope to have them done by the end of the week, at which point I will post pictures for everyone to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment